Fire Service Technician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 89
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire is looking to hire Fire Protection Technicians to add to our growing team! Our ideal candidate will have completed any of the Fire Protection Inspection and Testing Courses at BCIT, and be certified by ASTT in those endorsements, however it is not required to have courses or endorsements to apply. The right candidate for this position wants more than just a job; you want a career and a company you can grow with. For those without courses or certifications, we will sponsor all of your courses at BCIT and pay for your Registered Fire Protection Technician Certification with ASTTBC. We seek in return, an excellent work ethic, great attitude, incredible customer service, and a person who knows their way around tools. All successful candidates must be mechanically inclined.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate inspection, testing and repair of various fire protection services & equipment on-site at customer locations
- Perform basic services: fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency lights and sprinkler systems, adhering to the ASTTBC regulations, BC Fire Code and Municipality guidelines
- Fulfill on-call repairs as required
- Complete and submit all required paperwork or electronic submissions daily
Skills & Qualifications
- No prior experience is required.
- Completed BCIT Courses in the areas of: fire extinguisher, fire alarm, emergency lighting & sprinkler systems are an asset but not required.
- Proven electrical and/or mechanical aptitude & ability is an absolute requirement.
- Valid BC Driver’s License; excellent driving record & clean driver’s abstract provided.
- Willingness to take classes at BCIT for training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build quality relationships to provide courteous customer service
- Proven desire & ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions
- Adaptable, adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity
- Shows resilience in the face of constraints
Why Work for Us?
- Full on-the-job training provided
- 100% company-paid BCIT Education and ASTTBC Certification
- A comprehensive benefits package, including MSP, extended medical (with vision care), dental, short-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program after 1 year
- Monthly opportunity for company-wide bonus
- Regular company events
- Friendly and upbeat work environment
- Community involvement, fundraising, and volunteerism
Please send your resume to email@example.com.