- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 84
- Posting Date: Sep 5, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is seeking an Accounting Clerk to add to our Accounting team! Reporting directly to Controller and taking daily directions from the Accounting team, your primary role will be supporting the various needs of the Accounting department.
- Responsible for processing, reporting, scanning, filing and safekeeping of all accounting documents
- Assist Intermediate Accountant with the weekly cheque run
- Responsible for printing and/or compiling AP invoices, matching vender bills with POs and enter it into the accounting system (Sedona System)
- Updating AP reports and schedules
- Responsible for inquiring and reporting on any errors found in vendor bills, receiving reports and expense reports
- Ability to spot weaknesses in the AP processes and recommend measures to strengthen them.
- Ability to process credit card payments.
- Provision of excellent internal customer service to employees.
- Maintenance of credit reputation with outside vendors.
- Responsible for printing customer invoices, compiling and assembling customer invoice and inspection report packages
- Follow up with Customer Service Manager for missing inspection reports or invoice correction
- Updating AR reports and schedules
- Send invoices, statements, overdue notices and reminders to outstanding customers
- Prepare monthly status update for delinquent accounts and detailed payment collection efforts to Controller
- Process credit card payments and contact customers with regards to expired credit cards
- Accurately documenting all conversation (telephone or email) in the customer database
- Other duties as assigned by direct reports
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
You must have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in an accounting related role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills (internally & externally)
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with commonly used office software programs
- Team player
- Good communicator with negotiation skills
- Eager to learn and adapt to change
- Superior organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong sense of accountability
- Efficient and able to complete tasks in timely manner
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.