- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 81
- Posting Date: Aug 29, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is B.C’s largest and oldest fire protection, fire safety, and commercial security company.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic Human Resources professional to join our growing company. Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager will have a lively and dynamic role supporting all HR functions and recommending best practices. You will play a leading role in creating and implementing strategies to foster a positive work environment in line with our core values.
As the HR Manager, you will be stepping into a multifaceted role where you will constantly be moving from function to function and getting more than knees deep in HR projects. If you love HR, have at least 5 years’ experience in a Generalist role, excel with autonomy, and are excited about the possibility to submerge yourself in a role and lead by example as a manager, we want to hear from you.
Your success will be measured on how efficiently and accurately you are managing these HR functions:
- Recruiting & staffing
- Organization and policy development
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Employee orientation, development, training and off-boarding
- Compensation & benefit administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Directs company events, communication, building relationships with staff
- Supporting our core values that is at the heart of our family business culture
- At least 5-year experience in an HR Generalist role
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent
- Human Resources (CPHR) certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of BC Employment Standards and Human Rights standards relating to employment
- Familiarity with US employment laws, benefits, and safety regulations is an asset
Why Work for Us?
- Work independently with the support of the Executive team
- Tuition assistance after 1 year to help you further your HR knowledge
- Extended health & dental benefit plan
- RRSP matching after 1 year
- Company-wide profit-sharing bonuses
- Fun corporate events, community involvement, fundraising, and volunteerism
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.