Red Seal Journeyman Electrician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 73
- Posting Date: May 23, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire is seeking a Journeyman Electrician to add to the team to work on small renovation/repair jobs to help our customers complete projects or meet code. More specifically, you will be assisting the company with low voltage electrical services such as installation of, troubleshooting and repairs on fire alarms panels and devices, emergency lighting systems, exit signs, compressor motors.
- Assist with the installation and troubleshooting of addressable fire alarm panels (Mircom).
- Conduct the wiring work necessary to add, delete or relocate fire alarm devices.
- Conduct wiring work to add breakers to panels for compressors, special hazard systems, new emergency lighting circuits, new exit signs etc.
- Assist our sprinkler department in rewiring switches for mechanical systems
- Help with applying for and closing out electrical permits from municipalities
- Conduct site visits to assess work needed for incoming leads
- Running Conduit, pull wire, and make electrical connections in a professional manner using wiring diagrams and/or electrical schematics
- Provide best trade practices at all times to represent quality for Vanfire
- Follow all safety regulations/guidelines from BC Electric code to BC building code to BC Elevator code
- Detect and report defective materials, faulty operation, and unusual conditions
- After hours and weekend work may be necessary depending on customer needs
- Red Seal Certification is a requirement
- Class B or C Electrical FSR designation required
- Some knowledge of the BC Fire Code is a requirement.
- Basic computer skills are a requirement
- Must know how to read engineered drawings
- Possess and supply tools of the trade and a valid BC drivers license is a requirement
- A clean driver’s abstract is a requirement
- ASTT certification for fire alarm testing is an asset but not required
- Manlift certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of older fire alarm panels/special hazard/releasing panels and systems is an asset but not required.
Excellent Customer Service
- You have a desire to problem-solve and help the customer meet their needs.
- You demonstrate a professional and pleasant attitude when faced with a frustrated customer
Commitment to Quality
- You demonstrate strong attention to detail about care about quality and aesthetics
- Your work is conducted with care and attention (examples: work isn’t sloppy, work space is clean, parts not left behind).
- You demonstrates a desire to “get the job done right”, with no interest in taking shortcuts.
- You demonstrates a commitment to their own safety as well as safety of the customer
- Have a methodology for how you conduct your work
- You are able to follow a methodology consistently
- Your are organized and have can plan your day with efficiency
- You are able to stay focussed and are not side tracked or easily distracted
If this sounds like you, then please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not necessary, but in a few sentences in the body of your email, please tell is why you are the ideal candidate for this role!
Why Work for Us
- Work environment is different each day-change of scenery
- You get to work independently
- Full access to a company vehicle and gas card that you get to take home
- Company provided cell phone
- Full benefits after 3 months
- RRSP matching after 1 year
- Company-wide bonuses