- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: N/A
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 70
- Posting Date: Feb 11, 2019
- Posting Expiry: Feb 22, 2019
- Contact Name: Roya Fadai, HR Manager
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 604-232-3498
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is seeking an HR Coordinator to add to our small but growing HR team and company. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator will have a lively and dynamic role supporting HR operations in the area of recruitment, benefits, employee relations, culture and events, and training and development. Our ideal candidate is a natural people-pleaser, passionate about delivering excellent service, and a fanatic about organizing and getting things done! This role is busy, but versatile, you get to switch between different tasks daily. You never know what questions will come your way and you will never be bored. Your higher purpose? Ensuring all employee have everything they need while they are employed with us. Not sure how to do all the responsibilities listed below? Don’t worry! This is an entry-level position and you will get to work under the watchful guidance of the HR Manager! Bring the right attitude to the table and you can guarantee a career full of learning and growth opportunities.
Areas of Accountability
Your success will be measured on how efficiently and accurately you are managing and executing these responsibilities:
- Recruitment support (reference checks, scheduling and booking interviews)
- Coordinate all onboarding and offboarding process and manages correspondence with stakeholders
- Answer questions & interpret corporate policies to staff
- Drafts Letters of Employment
- Responds to legal inquires for information and confirmations of employment
- Respond to vacation requests
- Benefits & RRSP enrollments, orientation, and responding to employee benefits queries
- Worksafe BC injury reporting
- Coordinate short term disability process
- Prepares letters of discipline
- Assist in the planning & coordination of corporate events
- Manage all Education & Training academic enrollments
- Manage employee designations, certifications, and licenses
- Process applications for grants funding
- Develop & document position specific processes
- Recommend improvement initiatives
- Execute business efficiency projects
- Execute surveys and compile results
- Documentation and recordkeeping for HR and training records.
- Reception lunch and vacation relief
- A Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in HR or equivalent
- At least 1-year experience in an entry-level HR role is ideal or some coop experience. If you do not have experience, but have HR education, you are also welcome to apply!
- Previous experience in administrative support
- Some experience working in ADP Workforce now is a bonus
- Proficient experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Be prepared to demonstrate the following during your interview:
Crazy about Culture
- You are passionate about making our company a fun place to work for everyone
Fanatic about Customer Service
- Desire to problem-solve and help the customer meet their needs.
- A professional and pleasant communication and attitude with internal customers
Pride Yourself on Quality
- High attention to detail
- Desire to “get the job done right”, with no interest in taking shortcuts.
Time Management is your Forte
- You know exactly how to plan out your day, prioritize your tasks and work efficiently
- Your have laser focus on your tasks, but you can easily shift priorities if necessary
Process is a Way of Life
- You love creating step by step procedures, and can follow processes consistently
Why Work for Us?
- You get to work independently yet receive full support and job-required training
- Active manager who will offer you the opportunities to learn & expand your HR knowledge
- Tuition assistance after 1 year to help you develop your new skills
- Career-path opportunities for the right person
- Full benefits after 3 months (50/50 shared)
- RRSP matching after 1 year
- Company-wide bonuses
- Fun corporate events
- Community involvement, fundraising, and volunteerism
Does this sound like your dream opportunity? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a paragraph including desired compensation, no more than 5 sentences in an email explaining why you are perfect for this job! We can teach skills, we can't teach attitude, new grads are welcome to apply!
Every single resume will be reviewed and considered, but only those who are shortlisted will be contacted for a phone interview.
The Interview Process
1. 20 min Phone screen with HR Manager
2. 1 hour In-person interview with HR Manager
3. Final interview with Executive and some people leader
4. Offer to the finalist!