Fire Services Technician/Sales Rep
- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 64
- Posting Date: Jul 4, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Roya Fadai
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 6042323498
- Contact Fax: N/A
Do you love sales and building relationships with customers? Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is seeking a full-time and permanent sales-oriented Assistant Fire Services Technician to join our Portables department! Your primary responsibility will be to assist in selling and conducting annual inspections of fire extinguishers and emergency lighting units in various geographic areas in the lower mainland. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy working with your hands, and are driven by sales targets, then we want to hear from you! Experience isn’t necessary and education and training will be provided, but candidates who have completed their Fire Extinguisher and Emergency Lights courses at BCIT and/or have their ASTT stamps will be given preference.
- Assist the Senior Fire Services Technician to complete annual inspections of Fire Extinguisher and Emergency Lights service jobs. You may work either alongside the Senior Technician or independently.
- Perform cold calls to offer annual inspections of Fire Extinguishers and Emergency Lights
- Meets specific quota targets on a consistent basis
- Build relationships with customers to enhance retention
- Support the Senior Fire Services Technician by producing daily reports of sales and leads needing follow up.
- Invoice customers for services performed
- You need to possess mechanical aptitude and enjoy working with your hands!
- Previous experience in a sales role is preferred. You will be doing cold-calls, speaking with customer and building relationships with prospects.
- You must be competent with computers, email, and word-processing, and reporting.
- You must possess a minimum Class 5 Driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract.
- BONUS: Completed OCHS 1410 Fire Extinguisher and FIRE 2077 Emergency Lighting Systems course an asset.
- EXTRA BONUS: ASTT stamps for Fire Extinguisher and Emergency Lighting Systems is an asset.
To be successful in this role, you must be
- Driven for Results
- Technically inclined
- Customer Focussed
- Interested in learning and developing your skills
- Trustworthy and possess high integrity
Why Work for Us?
- 100% employer sponsored education through BCIT and stamps through ASTTBC
- Full on-the-job training provided
- Full time access to the company vehicle you can to drive from home to work.
- Company provided cell phone and iPad
- A comprehensive benefits package, including MSP, extended medical (with vision care), dental, short-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program after 1 year
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you're interested in this role!