Security Installation & Service Technician (Outdoor)
- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Remote Guarding
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 61
- Posting Date: May 23, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Radius Security is seeking to add an Installation & Service Technician to our growing team of 8. You will join a team of 8 and will be responsible for either the servicing and/or installation of our Remote Guarding video surveillance systems that protect construction and other large outdoor facilities. Our team is crossed-trained for both installation as well as servicing and troubleshooting of outdoor security equipment. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working at outdoors. Our equipment is installed and serviced on elevated platforms and poles so you need to also be comfortable working at heights. If you are experienced, passionate about safety and security, and are a fantatic about "doing a good job", then this is the job for you!
- Preparing, programming, and installing systems for customer sites, including programming
automation software, setting up various IP devices, and designing maps to provide situational
awareness to our monitoring station operators.
- Involved in aiming cameras and IR illuminators to achieve optimal coverage and protection while minimizing false alarms for customer sites.
- Programming wireless devices and routers
- Program video analytics software and review events that are false positive and false negative to adjust regions of interest and sensitivity to improve the accuracy of analytic events sent to the monitoring station
Servicing & Maintanence
- Perform periodic maintenance at existing sites such as cleaning lens, adjusting cameras and
replacing failing parts.
- Troubleshooting and repairing video surveillance systems on customer sites as
- 2 years’ experience successfully assembling/installing IP devices
- Ability to use small hand and power tools safely and efficiently
- Superior computer skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work at heights and outdoors
- Attention to detail
- Technically inclined
- Works efficiently in a team setting
- Strong work ethic about quality and continuous improvement metods
- A professional working environment
- Full 3 month training plan and onboarding
- A competitive salary, with opportunity for bonuses
- A comprehensive benefits package, including MSP, extended medical (with vision care), dental, short-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program
- Monthly profit sharing.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org