Fire Service Technician (No Experience Necessary)
- Employer: Vancouver Fire and Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 56
- Posting Date: Mar 8, 2019
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Roya Fadai
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 604-232-3498
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire is seeking 3 Fire ProtectionTechnicians to add to our growing team! Our ideal candidate will have completed any of the Fire Protection Inspection and Testing Courses at BCIT, however it is not required to apply. The right candidate for this position wants more than just a job; you want a career, a company you can grow with. We will sponsor all of your courses at BCIT and pay for your Registered Fire Protection Technician Certification with ASTTBC. We seek in return, an excellent work ethic, great attitude, incredible customer service, and a person who knows their way around tools. All successful candidates must be mechanically inclined.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate inspection, testing and repair of various fire protection services & equipment on-site at customer locations
- Perform basic services: fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency lights and sprinkler systems, adhering to the ASTTBC regulations, BC Fire Code and Municipality guidelines
- Fulfill on-call repairs as required
- Complete and submit all required paperwork or electronic submissions daily
Skills & Qualifications
- No prior experience is required.
- Completed BCIT Courses in the areas of: fire extinguisher, fire alarm, emergency lighting & sprinkler systems are a bonus but not required.
- Proven electrical and/or mechanical aptitude & ability is an absolute requirement.
- Valid BC Driver’s License; excellent driving record & clean driver’s abstract provided.
- Willingness to take classes at BCIT for training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build quality relationships to provide courteous customer service
- Proven desire & ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions
- Adaptable, adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity
- Shows resilience in the face of constraints
Why Work for Us?
- Full on-the-job training provided
- 100% company-paid for BCIT Education and ASTTBC Certification
- A comprehensive benefits package, including MSP, extended medical (with vision care), dental, short-term disability, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program after 1 year
- Monthly opportunity for company-wide bonus
- Regular company events
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you would be perfect for this role?