- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 134
- Posting Date: Apr 7, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Angie Santamaria
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 6042071854
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire & Radius Security is seeking an Account Manager to add to our Customer Service Department. Reporting to the Customer Service Department Manager, the Account Manager will have a lively and dynamic role supporting a portfolio of customers. Our ideal candidate is a natural people-pleaser, passionate about delivering excellent service, and a fanatic about organizing and getting things done without compromising quality! This role is busy, but versatile, you get to switch between different tasks daily.
WHO ARE WE?
We are B.C.’s largest and oldest fire protection, fire safety and commercial security company. Whether you need a fire extinguisher inspection for your office or a fire safety plan for your manufacturing plants, you can trust us for all your fire protection needs. Since 1948, we’ve been protecting people and property from Whistler to Tsawwassen, from Vancouver to Hope. Our goal is to be B.C.’s most trusted fire safety and security provider, protecting what matters most to our customers and delivering unmatched service with passion each and every day.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER FIRE & RADIUS SECURITY
- Full on-the-job training provided
- A comprehensive benefits package, including extended medical (with vision care), dental, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program
- Monthly opportunity for company-wide bonus
- Friendly and upbeat work environment
- Community involvement, fundraising, and volunteer opportunities
- Review monthly and annual fire inspection documents to ensure technician repair letters are accurate and/or adjusted to reflect the parts & labour required to repair system impairments.
- Request and gather pricing from third-party vendors and/or suppliers as required for system programming or proprietary systems.
- Create repair letters and ensure the inclusion of all necessary labour, materials, and third-party products including special order items, while applying appropriate markups to achieve margin expectations.
- Communicate with field technicians to review/gather site specifications linked to FireNspec to accurately quote required repairs.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of Regulatory Compliance in regard to fire safety as well as applicable product knowledge.
- Participate in operational review process (as necessary) for contact reviews for installation, project management or coordination of repairs.
- Provide solutions using industry-approved alternatives when appropriate.
- Collaborate with technician managers about the best course of action / approach for specific situations and/or clients.
- Assist with providing estimates for the Installs department (RFQs, etc.)
- Protect margins against material shortfalls or improper materials in relation to reviewed inspection reports by ensuring legal clauses on material costs & labour.
- Protect against legal recourse arising from improperly applied material applications or regulatory non-conformance through ensuring appropriate inspection review and product selection.
- Protect against financial losses resulting from incomplete material lists poor product application or incorrect costs or margins.
- Review inspection reports and make decisions based on identified deficiencies indicated by technican. Approve or modify as needed to ensure AHJ, code and system impairments and customer recommendations are corrected.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the fire industry in sales or as a service technician.
- The ability to determine required materials and associated labour necessary to repair deficiencies identified on inspection reports through consistent, logical, and profitable measures.
- Working knowledge of BC building code, NFPA, CAN ULC, for both install and inspections.
- Strong working knowledge of service quoting process, market competitor knowledge and experience in improving project productivity through improved margin competiveness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an innate ability to work with trades, engineers, architects and property managers.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.)
- Certified through ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians).
- Experience creating and managing work orders, progressive billing, permits, and paperwork for sprinkler repairs.
- Knowledge of sprinkler system design/NFPA 13 installation standards.
- Strong working knowledge of the RFP/RFQ process, legal terms & conditions, KPI penalty metrics and the ability to read and interpret design drawings/CAD files.