- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 132
- Posting Date: Nov 4, 2021
- Posting Expiry: Nov 4, 2022
- Contact Name: Angie Santamaria
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 6042071854
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire is looking to hire a Depot Driver. Under the direction of the Parts Department Lead, the Depot Driver will be responsible for the day-to-day care of, delivering parts and other items to designated warehouse depots for our technicians. The Depot Driver also works along with the Parts Department to carry out other duties when required. The hours of this position are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
WHO ARE WE?
We are B.C.’s largest and oldest fire protection, fire safety and commercial security company. Whether you need a fire extinguisher inspection for your office or a fire safety plan for your manufacturing plants, you can trust us for all your fire protection needs. Since 1948, we’ve been protecting people and property from Whistler to Tsawwassen, from Vancouver to Hope. Our goal is to be B.C.’s most trusted fire safety and security provider, protecting what matters most to our customers and delivering unmatched service with passion each and every day.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER FIRE & RADIUS SECURITY
- Full on-the-job training provided
- A comprehensive benefits package, including extended medical (with vision care), dental, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months
- Group RRSP, with an employer matching program
- Monthly opportunity for company-wide bonus
- Friendly and upbeat work environment
- Community involvement, fundraising, and volunteer opportunities
- Responsible for the timely delivering parts to designated depots for our technicians.
- Assure accuracy of parts going out
- Pulls and prepares product for shipping as required
- Loads/unloads parts on/off truck.
- Keeps depots neat & clean, sweeps & collects garbage
- Does necessary upgrades to the depots to keep them efficient
- Occasionally makes company bank deposits
- Checks returned items from depots for accuracy.
- Maintains a clean Depot van
- Assists with Parts Department tasks.
- Makes other deliveries/pickups as required
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
- Exceptional time management skills, well organized and detail oriented.
- Willingness to learn, take direction
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Clean driving record
- Excellent English communication skills
- Physically fit, able to stand, bend, twist, squat, sit throughout the day
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work ethic in line with company core values
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Commitment – We go above and beyond to consistently deliver the right results.
- Passion – We bring energy and positivity to all our interactions because it makes a difference.
- Fearless Innovation – We are inspired to take on challenges where others will not dare.
- Trust, Respect & Integrity – We do what is right for each other, our customers, and our community.