Fire Service Technician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 128
- Posting Date: Jan 8, 2021
- Posting Expiry: Jan 8, 2022
- Contact Name: Angela Santamaria
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 604-207-1854
- Contact Fax: N/A
Vancouver Fire is looking to hire a Fire Protection Technicians to add to our growing team! Our ideal candidate will have completed any of the Fire Protection Inspection and Testing Courses at BCIT, and be certified by ASTT in those endorsements. The right candidate for this position wants more than just a job; you want a career and a company you can grow with. If you're missing a few endorsements, we will sponsor all of your courses at BCIT and pay for your Registered Fire Protection Technician Certification with ASTTBC. We seek in return an excellent work ethic, great attitude, incredible customer service, and a person who knows their way around tools. All successful candidates must be mechanically inclined.
Who Are We?
We are B.C.’s largest and oldest fire protection, fire safety and commercial security company. Whether you need a fire extinguisher inspection for your office or a fire safety plan for your manufacturing plants, you can trust us for all your fire protection needs. Since 1948, we’ve been protecting people and property from Whistler to Tsawwassen, from Vancouver to Hope. Our goal is to be B.C.’s most trusted fire safety and security provider, protecting what matters most to our customers and delivering unmatched service with passion each and every day.
Why Join Vancouver Fire & Radius Security?
- Competitive compensation with a individualized performance incentive (bonus structure) unique to the industry and can increase your annual compensation to up to $15K/year! (happy to discuss further in the interview process)
- Full on-the-job training provided 100% company-paid BCIT Education and ASTTBC Certification
- A comprehensive benefits package, including extended medical (with vision care), dental, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, EAP (counselling) coverage after 3 months Group RRSP, with an employer matching program
- Monthly opportunity for company-wide bonus
- Friendly and upbeat work environment
- Community involvement, fundraising, and volunteer opportunities
- Responsible for the complete and accurate inspection, testing and repair of various fire protection services & equipment on-site at customer locations
- Perform basic services: fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency lights and sprinkler systems, adhering to the ASTTBC regulations, BC Fire Code and Municipality guidelines
- Fulfill on-call repairs as required
- Complete and submit all required paperwork or electronic submissions daily
What We’re Looking For
- Completed some or all of BCIT Courses in the areas of: fire extinguisher, fire alarm, emergency lighting & sprinkler systems are an asset but not required
- Proven electrical and/or mechanical aptitude & ability is an absolute requirement
- Valid BC Driver’s License; excellent driving record & clean driver’s abstract provided.
- Willingness to take classes at BCIT for training
- Comfortable working with computer as we are moving to a paperless system
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledgable in Fire Protection, this includes completed coursework at BCIT and/or ASTT stamps
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build quality relationships to provide courteous customer service
- Proven team player and a 'can-do' positive attitude
- Adaptable, adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity
- Shows resilience in the face of constraints
Please send you resume to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.