Senior Fire Technician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Vancouver Fire
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 187
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2023
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
*Must have ASTTBC stamps for extinguishers, emergency lights, fire alarm and sprinklers*
Vancouver Fire is looking to hire a Senior Fire Technician to add to our growing team! The right candidate for this position wants more than just a job; you want a career, a company you can grow with.
Why does our team LOVE Working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Arrive at all scheduled meetings and appointments on time, in uniform and properly equipped to complete the service work scheduled.
- Complete requirements, apply for & maintain validity of ASTTBC certification in all four basic disciplines, as well as any other required certifications.
- Safely operate company-issued vehicle within lower mainland, adhering to company policy, and take responsibility for maintenance of vehicle, as outlined in vehicle policy.
- Effectively complete daily schedules to best of one’s ability, in a timely fashion.
- Take initiative to communicate with Service Coordination team as to any problems, issues, scheduling conflicts, delays or unoccupied time.
- Perform basic services: fire extinguishers, fire alarms, emergency lights and sprinkler systems, adhering to the ASTTBC regulations, BC Fire Code and Municipality guidelines.
- Responsible to comply with all company policies and procedures, and to request clarification when unsure.
- Fulfill on-call duties as required.
- Accurately complete and submit all required paperwork or electronic submissions on a daily basis.
- Experience in the fire protection industry
- ASTTBC certification in extinguishers, emergency lights, fire alarm and sprinklers preferred.
- Proven electrical and/or mechanical aptitude & ability.
- Valid BC Driver’s License; excellent driving record & clean driver’s abstract provided. Willingness to complete basic driving test.
- Ability to build quality relationships to provide courteous customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to adapt to fast paced environments