Sales Fire Technician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Vancouver Fire
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 196
- Posting Date: Sep 7, 2023
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
This role is 100% commission-based but there is a short-term salary guarantee during the training period.
Reporting to the Sales & Service Technician Manager and the Territory Manager, the Sales Technician/Technical Expert will be responsible for helping lead the Fire Technical Sales Team to continued success. Specifically, the technical expert will be accountable for achieving the team’s monthly targets, developing their skills, growing sales, all while performing quality work. One of the key initiatives this Technical Expert will support with is the development and quality control of full-service work in the Technical Sales Team. They will help grow the territory they are assigned specifically helping in full-service work (Fire alarm, sprinkler, special suppression) under the direction of the territory manager.
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit-sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Completes all due inspections in a timely manner
- Uses the Field Service Unit, to record, update and assign jobs
- Supervises assistants and responsible for providing them with jobs
- Cold calls consistently to gain new jobs to meet sales budget
- Tracks all cold calls in CRM
- Responds within 24 hours to all company generated leads
- Provides excellent customer service and handles all complaints with priority
- Reports to Territory Manager
- Goal setting and accountability for Team Z In respective territory
- Handle customer complaints and/or with negotiating new contracts
- Coordinate with the Accounting department to ensure invoices and lists are updated and completed accurately
- Responsible in scheduling own jobs
- Create in-suite letters or other documents requested by customers
- Create quotes for customers
- Create follow up and deficiency letters for customers
- “Invoice” accurately all completed jobs , (Complete tickets with all billing items
- Perform payment collection on delinquent accounts
- Help train other members of the Technical Sales Team technicians in achieving all 4 stamps specially fire alarm, sprinkler
- Complete all inspection reports in timely manner
- Stock and maintain truck inventory
- Other duties as required
- Must have the following certifications/ASTTBC stamps: EX, EL, FA, WA, Backflow
- Believes in and fosters our company DNA
- At least 3 years’ experience doing full-service inspections
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Experience with effectively training technicians and providing constructive feedback
- Excellent communicator
- Organize and Capable of scheduling own jobs and day to day tasks
- Motivated and Comfortable with a commission structure pay