- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 146
- Posting Date: Jul 27, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
The Product Assembler is part of a team that assemble Remote Guarding video surveillance products for our customers locally and abroad. This person must have manual dexterity, written and verbal communications skills. The attention to details and following process is paramount for this position. Mechanical/electrical aptitude is an asset. This person shall be proactive in identifying areas of improvement in the manufacturing of we provide. Dedication to providing the best quality product is a must. This position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Assembly of electrical and mechanical components, wiring harnesses and connectors with the use of blueprints, schematics or written work instructions.
- Fabricate mounting assemblies for system components.
- Work may include fitting or soldering parts together. Some assemblies require the use of adhesives and epoxies.
- Assemblers may work on subassemblies or finished products at a Client Site.
- May operate machinery in the production of the finished product.
- Manage and restock consumable parts for use in the assembly of products.
- Keep the work area clean and organized to optimize production and quality following a LEAN, 6S model.
- Reporting problems in the assembly process to department manager.
- Keep records up to date.
- Carry out quality checks of the product.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow work instructions and blueprints requiring a high level of concentration with attention to detail.
- Assemblers must have the ability to use small hand tools and have good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Has the ability to use hand and power tools in a proper and safe manner.
- Proficient in the use of multi meters and other basic test equipment.
- Basic computer, writing and math skills.
- Strengths in quality standards and continuous improvement methods are a plus.
- Has good reading comprehension, listening and speaking skills.
- Speed and accuracy in performing repetitive tasks.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs periodically