IT Application and Support Technician
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Vancouver Fire
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 168
- Posting Date: Nov 18, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
The role of IT Application and Support Technician will be focused on ensuring the daily optimal functionality of the various software applications and equipment for users across the business. You will prioritize and proactively act on or resolving incidents. You will also rollout standard operating procedures to increase efficiencies while protecting of the company’s intellectual properties. As a key member of the IT Department you will be implementing IT Best Practices, Vendor Support tools, and Best of Breed solutions.
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Install and support various hardware, software, printers, telephones, and other devices such as smartphones/tablets
- Voice, telephony, video conferencing support – Office 365
- Handling requests through Service Desk ticketing system
- Customer Service Skillset
- Responsible for Tier 1 and 2 (ITIL) service desk functions
- Categorizing and Triaging of Helpdesk tickets and requests
- Point of Contact for Critical Application Systems
- Provides technical support for resolution including, equipment functionality, configuration, repair, application support, software downloads, and network connectivity
- Accurately and clearly document all customer interactions within a ticketing system, follow established call handling and work flow process
- Creating, maintain documentation and inventory records, and conducting required audits
- Maintains records of Configuration Items, participates in technical documentation, and problem management
- Create documentation for help desk systems and procedures and recommend changes to improve
- Re-images desktops and laptops, as needed, and deploys new equipment to end users
- Perform install\move\add\change activities
- Assist in staff orientations – OnBoarding / Off Boarding
- Manage mobile devices such as IOS and Android products and services
- Contribute to IT strategic planning
- Participate in after-hours support rotation
- Preference will be given to candidates with Microsoft level certifications in Microsoft Desktop technologies, Network certifications such as CompTIA Network+ or CCENT, CompTIA Security+.
- Virtualization certification and experience is strongly valued, both in Microsoft and VMWare technologies
- College certificate/Diploma is an asset but experience in the field is also valued.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with SQL-based ERP systems, security industry-focused management systems, for example, AES, Alarmnet, Sedona, Sureview Immix and Bold Manitou. Basic knowledge of security-related equipment including Sur-Gard Virtual Receiver would be preferred
- Responsiveness to your internal and external customers’ needs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and rollout of current and new applications and equipment
- Ability to identify trends and provide analysis for various software, hardware, and equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think out of the box
- Customer-focused and results-oriented
- “We Can Do Better” Ideology