Fire Technician (Sales and Service)
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 144
- Posting Date: Jul 11, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
Do you want to make a difference in your community, and learn how to use life saving equipment? Do you enjoy building strong relationships with customers and providing a legendary experience? If so, we want to hear from you!!
The Fire Technician (Sales and Service) is responsible to assist the Lead Fire Technician to perform annual inspections of extinguishers and emergency lighting units in various geographic areas in the lower mainland to help increase sales revenue in each territory.
*Please note: this role is fully commission-based, but during training, there will be an hourly base rate.
- Assists Lead Portables Fire Technician to complete the annual inspections of a monthly listing of jobs in a designated geographic area
- Works along side or is given a list of jobs to complete on his own
- Responds to call ins through the customer service department in a timely manner
- Creates relationships with customers to enhance retention
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner as a representative of Vancouver Fire & Security
- Report daily on inspection reports and billing
- Stocks and organizes his/her service vehicle
- Aids in covering other territories during vacations
- Meets specific quota targets on a consistent basis
- Obtains ASTT certification of Extinguishers and Emergency Lighting
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- High School Diploma
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Some technical/mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Strong verbal communication
- Driven, hard working, and ambitious
- Customer Service Focused: has the ability and confidence to deal with customer challenges, handle complaints- did they do whatever it took to get it resolved. They have a sense of urgency in helping the customer and solving problems