Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Fire Service
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 152
- Posting Date: Aug 18, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
RED SEAL FIRE PROTECTION SPRINKLER FITTER
Note: You must hold a Journeyman BC Sprinkler Ticket
Your MISSION if you choose to accept: Help be responsible for saving lives by ensuring optimal operation of Water-based sprinkler systems.
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Inspection, Testing and Repairing of water-based sprinkler systems as per BC Fire Code, NFPA 25 and installations as per NFPA 13
- Experience with fire alarm bypassing an asset
- Troubleshooting of Dry, Wet, Pre-Action and Deluge sprinkler systems
- Testing, trouble shooting and Repair of Backflow Preventers
- Installation of Air compressors
- Help support the Fire Service division with questions relating to sprinkler work
- Lead by example when it comes to our Company DNA fundamentals, which includes building strong relationships amongst the tech group, office support team and customers
- Holds a Journeyman BC Sprinkler Ticket
- BCWWA Certified Cross Connection Control Tester (if certification not held, company will sponsor)
- ASTTBC Water-based Sprinkler System Certification (if certification not held, company will sponsor)
- Excellent team player – This position involves a lot of coordination; this person should be able to establish and maintain good working relationship with all personnel involved
- Superior organization skills – efficient and must be conscious of deadlines and know how to prioritize and complete the tasks in a timely manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail – always mindful of the importance of accurate data and information thereby encouraging the person to produce outputs that are reliable