Senior Network Administrator
- Employer: Vancouver Fire & Radius Security
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Vancouver Fire
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 161
- Posting Date: Oct 12, 2022
- Posting Expiry: N/A
- Contact Name: Stephanie Lowe
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 6046440870
- Contact Fax: N/A
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Senior Network Administrator is a key member of the IT Department. The IT Department is a critical component of the business as well as a business partner, supporting, protecting, and helping to drive growth and initiatives for the entire organization. The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, support, troubleshooting, upgrading, and improvement of our organization’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Office 365, BPM (Business Process Management), HR (Human Resources) and, SedonaFSU, in addition to other enterprise applications. The Senior Network Administrator will support the IT Manager with implementation tasks to ensure the Company has the ability to drive current and future business growth and improve productivity.
Why does our team LOVE working for us?
- Job stability! Our company was deemed an essential service and we were lucky to continue to serve our communities during the pandemic. Our company is continuing to grow year over year, and we have exciting expansion plans for the future!
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Monthly profit sharing bonus program
- Charitable donation matching
- Gym membership discount for our staff and their spouses
- We have an in-house mechanic, so you can have your car serviced while you work (he offers preferred rates)
- Fun-loving team environment with various company events (virtual gaming, spirit weeks, community involvement/volunteer activities, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact – we welcome your ideas and love when our team members get to see their initiatives come to fruition!
- Learning and development opportunities to grow within the business.
- You have a voice. We empower our people to bring forward suggestions to improves processes.
- Central location located right next to the river, with a lovely walking path available on lunch breaks. Minutes drive away from Queensborough shopping center.
- We have a strong brand reputation, and people are proud to work for a place that is a staple in our communities.
- Act as an application analyst to bridge gaps between technical experts and users with regards to their system and information needs
- Keep current documentation and maintenance related to business applications support, specification, configurations and operations
- Maintain current and new Service Level Agreement
- Maintain current and new Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain and Manage Firewall policies and updates
- Monitor infrastructure component and systems related to network, telephony, servers, storage, office 365, MDM
- Maintain SSL, DNS, Domain name, IoT
- Identify issues, recommend adjustments, and escalate as required
- Respond to system incidents and other tickets via the helpdesk. Investigate, prioritize, and diagnose problem
- Adapt existing, or create new reports from data repository to analysis business needs
- Develop and maintain technical support procedures, in areas such as hardware and software operation
- Train users, provide technical advice, and help plan for the installation of new\revised application systems
- Provide work plans and work breakdown schedules relating to the installation of hardware and software specific to systems implementation
- Provide technical tier 2/3 support of system issues and outages
- Powershell Scripting
- Coordinate and implementation of Patch Management
- Utilizing vendor tools and knowledge of the existing environment
- Mentor and support the project team
- Direct and work with Value Added Resources
- Provides support in all aspects of server infrastructure and operating systems including web, database, messaging, and storage
- Participates in disaster recovery and contingency planning. This includes risk assessments, risk management and vulnerability testing related to the information security features of the systems, networks, and related administrative activities
- Provide ongoing updates of current projects to the IT Manager
- Maintains system efficiency by monitoring system performance, and performing system optimization
- After hours support rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Certification from an accredited governing institution / and 5+ years of related IT experience in a Network Administration and Security role such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows Server 20xx, Microsoft IIS, CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate, Firewalls, MCSA, and VMware is a requisite
- 3+ years in a people and program leadership role
- Working knowledge and/or experience with SQL-based ERP systems, security industry-focused management systems, for example, Sureview Immix and Bold Manitou. Basic knowledge of security-related equipment including Sur-Gard Virtual Receiver would be preferred
- Active Directory – Management, Security, Migration, and Reporting
- Successful Customer Service skills
- Project Management Disciplines
- Risk Mitigation Strategic mindset
- Future Proofing Driven Poster
- “Bucks Stops Here” Doctrine
- “We can do this better” Ideology
- Great sense of humour
- Embrace Vancouver Fire and Radius Security’s DNA Culture